MOUNT VERNON – Republican candidate for Illinois Supreme Court and current 5th District Appellate Court Justice David Overstreet (R-Mt. Vernon) is proud to release a long list of law enforcement endorsements supporting his candidacy for Illinois’ highest court. Overstreet thanked first responders and law enforcement officials from across Southern Illinois and the Metro East for their support.
“I am so proud and thankful to have the support of so many members of the law enforcement community,” Overstreet said. “I believe I have earned their endorsements because I stand up for our police officers, I fight for our Constitutional Rights, and I believe in law and order and issuing rulings following the letter of the law and our US and Illinois Constitutions.”
To date, the following law enforcement agencies and county sheriffs have announced their endorsement of Justice David Overstreet for Illinois Supreme Court.
- The Illinois Fraternal Order of Police
- Sheriff J. Whipper Johnson – Saline County
- Sheriff Chris Smith – Fayette County
- Sheriff Derek Morgan – Wabash County
- Sheriff Jeff Bullard – Jefferson County
- Sheriff Doug Maier – White County
- Sheriff Dave Mahon – Effingham County
- Sheriff Doug Maue – Clinton County
- Sheriff Mike Everett – Wayne County
- Sheriff Darby Boewe – Edwards County
- Sheriff Rich Robbins – Montgomery County
- Sheriff Bill Rutan – Crawford County
- Sheriff Andy Myers _ Clay County
- Sheriff Andy Hires – Richland County
- Sheriff Rich Stevenson - Marion County
- Sheriff Neil Rohlfing - Monroe County
- Sheriff Tracy Lakin - Hamilton County
“I want to thank the Illinois Fraternal Order of Police and the Sheriffs serving throughout southern Illinois and the Metro East for endorsing me for Supreme Court," Overstreet said. "The brave men and women of the law enforcement community that serve and protect our communities are the real heroes. They are the first line of defense to maintain law and order and restore peace to our neighborhoods. As the next 5th District Supreme Court Justice, I will continue my strong support of the heroes that serve our communities in law enforcement,” Overstreet said.
To learn more about Justice David Overstreet visit JusticeOverstreet2020.com or find Overstreet 2020 on Facebook.
Do you like this page?